Mulango Girls high school was started in 1899 as a primary school by AIM. (Africa Inland Mission) In 1961, it was converted to a girl’s secondary school and placed under the leadership of Miss Taylor, a Canadian missionary. After a series of changes, the first Form 1 was admitted in 1963. In 1965, it become a double stream and triple in 1966. The school also had ‘A’ level arts classes between 1978-1989 when it was phased out. In 2017, the school admitted a fourth stream. The school is a SMASE centre and recently selected to be a STEM model school. (STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) As such, it is supposed to nurture student to be innovative and able to link education to real life. The learners should be encouraged to embrace science and use it to solve societal problems. Graduates from this school must have values. In 2010, the school was selected to be a centre of academic excellence. The GoK gave us Ksh 15M to upgrade the infrastructure. This was under the economic stimulus programme. This grant helped us put up 06 classrooms and an administration block. Since then, we embarked on upgrading the school facilities to look better and also to accommodate the current population. We did other 12 classrooms, toilets for the students and a principal’s house. At the moment, we are constructing a 200 bed capacity dormitory.